The Bainbridge Schools Foundation is hiring an Executive Director. BSF is a thriving organization with a dedicated board of directors and skilled staff. The Executive Director position will range from 0.6 – 1.0 FTE based on the skill-set and needs of the Applicant and BSF at time of hire. BSF team will be bringing on an Operations & Financial Manager into the BSF staffing structure that will partner the new Executive Director in many of the key organizational and financial responsibilities. Please view the job description below.
The Bainbridge Schools Foundation (BSF) is an independent, non-profit organization working in close partnership with our public-school community. BSF raises funds, leverages resources, and acts as a catalyst to actively involve the entire island community in public education. BSF raises more than $1M annually in support of our schools to fund additional teachers and specialists in the classroom, provide academic support for students that need a boost, and empower our teachers with professional development, mentorship opportunities, and classroom grants.
Reporting to a 23-member Board of Directors, the Executive Director is the primary public face of the BSF and plans, organizes, and directs the organization’s programs, administrative operations, and development activities. The Executive Director implements the mission and strategic plan as set by the Board, and oversees a budget of $1M, a staff of four part-time employees, as well as a robust group of volunteers.
- Responsible for leading, operating, and marketing BSF in a manner that supports BSF’s goal of raising substantial funds to support our students and BISD.
- Work with the Executive Committee and Board to develop and implement a strategic fundraising plan including two annual fund campaigns each year (Fall and Spring)
- Lead and manage Board and staff efforts to execute BSF’s major fundraising event (Gala Auction) which includes securing major donations and sponsorships for the event.
- Develop relationships with new donors and maintain effective working relationships with major ongoing donors, BISD, Board members and key figures in the community.
- Support and manage staff to perform the essential functions of their jobs and provide guidance, coaching, and support for actions and decisions.
- Prepare and conduct a monthly Board Meeting and serve as ex-officio of each Board Committee.
- Work with the Board Treasurer, bookkeeper, accountant, and staff to ensure BSF’s financial integrity and to ensure BSF’s financial goals and targets accurately reflect the needs of BISD.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Relevant non-profit or philanthropy experience, including fundraising and donor relations.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google applications as well as social media tools.
- Competitive salary, monthly health care stipend, and matching 401K.
- BSF supports work-life balance, offering a flexible schedule and the ability to work-at-home and in the BSF Office.
- FTE ranging from 0.6 – 1.0 FTE (TBD on Applicant and Board preference).
- Working hours are generally expected to be performed during normal business hours but will include evening meetings throughout the year.
- Discretion to schedule vacations or paid time off, with notice.
- Federal holidays off and paid sick leave in accordance with Washington State laws and regulations and BSF policies.
Submit cover letter, resume, & salary requirements to email@example.com with subject heading: Job Application: Executive Director – (your last name). Please let us know how you will make a positive contribution at BSF. This position will remain open until filled.
BSF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Bainbridge Schools Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status
as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.